Northeast Metropolitan Regional Vocational School
- or -
Si tiene preguntas por favor comuniquese con Ms. DeLeon 781-246-0810 X 1302
Welcome to the Northeast Metropolitan Regional Vocational School On-Line Admission Application for the 2018-2019 School Year.
Option 1: Apply Online
Option 2: Download PDF
Complete form and submit to your current school guidance counselor.
On-Line Admission Application for the 2018-2019 School Year
Please read the following information and requirement:
- Prior to starting the application, it is highly recommended to visit the "Exploratory Programs" tab on this page or our "Program of Studies/Career Tech Programs" at www.northeastmetrotech.com for a full description of our career technical programs. This information will assist you in your exploratory selections as you will be required to choose 8 programs.
- Fields highlighted with a red * (asterisk) are required fields that must be completed.
- A (question mark) beside a field represents help or clarification for a field.
- Student with no middle name must enter NMN in the middle name field.
- The program will time out if there is no activity on your application for 45 minutes or longer and your application will not be submitted.
- Your application will not be submitted if you close the program before your submit your application.
- You must have a valid e-mail account to obtain a electronic copy of your application.
- Internet Explorer version 8.0 or higher.
Northeast is fully accredited by the NEW ENGLAND ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS and COLLEGES, Commission on Technical and Career Institutions.
For Admission to the 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th Grades for the Current School Year
Northeast accepts freshmen applicants in January of each year to replace students who have withdrawn. School counselors should contact the Admissions Office to identify the availability of current school year openings for grades 10, 11, and 12 before initiating the application process with inquiring students. Current school year applicants must be enrolled in school to be eligible to apply.
Students interested in applying to Northeast Metro Tech High School for admission for the current school year must:
- obtain an application from their local school Guidance Counselor.
- return the completed application form to their local school Guidance Counselor by the deadline set by the Guidance Counselor.
- attend an interview at Northeast Metro Tech High School. If the applicant or parent/guardian cannot provide transportation, a representative from Northeast will go to the local school to interview the applicant.
It is the responsibility of the local school Guidance Counselor to:
- complete their portion of the application form.
- forward the completed applications to the Admissions Office at Northeast Metro Tech High School.
Completed applications include:
- completed application form (including required signatures)
- For applications to grades 9, 10, 11 & 12 (admission during the school year) the current school year to the date of the application marks in English language arts, social studies, math and science from the local school report card/ transcript are required.
- For applications to grades 9, 10, 11 & 12 (admission during the school year) the current school year to the date of the application unexcused absences from the local school report card/transcript are required.
- For applications to grades 9, 10, 11 & 12 (admission during the school year) the current school year to the date of the application discipline record from the local school administrative office.
- For applications to grades 9, 10, 11 and 12 (admission during the school year) the local school Guidance Counselor or Principal's recommendation is required.
If incomplete applications are received, the following procedures will be followed:
- The Northeast Metro Tech Admission Office will notify the local school Guidance Counselor responsible for submitting the application, that the application is incomplete and will request completion.
- The applicant's parent/guardian will be notified by the Northeast Admission Office in the event the problem is not resolved by the local school Guidance Counselor.
If after notifying the local school Guidance Counselor and parent/guardian, the application remains incomplete for ten school days, the application will be voided.
Applications received for fall admissions after March 1st and before August 1st will be evaluated using the same criteria as other applications. Their composite score will then be integrated in rank order on the established waiting list. Review of applications for April acceptances will include all applications received by March 1st. Review for May 15th acceptances will include applications received by May 1st. Final acceptances to fill declined seats will be completed by August 15th and will include review of applications received by August 1st. When a waiting list of at least 50 students has been established, no additional names will be added to the waiting list after August 1st. If upon school opening, accepted students decline, those seats will be refilled from the waiting list by September 15th.
Applications from students who are enrolled in a state-approved (Chapter 74) vocational technical high school program in another school (transfer students) will be considered for admission (including admission during the school year) if they relocate away from their current school into the Northeast School District and wish to pursue the same program of study at Northeast Metro Tech High School. All transfer applicants must attend an informational meeting with the Admissions Committee at Northeast Metro Tech High School. If transfer applicants lack transportation for this meeting, either transportation will be provided or the meeting will be held at the school of attendance. Transfer applications will be evaluated according to the provisions of this Admission Policy and may be denied admission if their discipline record contains infractions involving weapons, illegal drugs, assault on a staff members, or school threats.
Students who withdraw from Northeast Metro Tech High School and who are attending another high school may reapply to Northeast for fall or current year admission following the procedures contained in this admission policy and will be evaluated using the criteria contained in this Admission Policy. Withdrawn students who are not attending another high school may reapply to Northeast for fall admission only. Space availability in the vocational area will be a factor of readmission. A meeting with the Admissions Committee will be required prior to consideration for readmission. Current school year applicants must be enrolled in school to be eligible to apply.